Tuesday, March 14, 2006

There's Nothing Like the Last Minute...

Yikes! My contractor informed me last night that he plans on painting the walls on Thursday. Thursday! Ohmygod, I'm not even sure which granite I'm using yet, so how in the world will I choose a wall color???

Today, I decided I needed to go countertop shopping. Overwhelming about sums it up. Wow. There are a lot of shiny rocks to choose from. It was very interesting to walk amongst the rows filled with slabs of granite, marble and travertine. Our earth produces such beauty... But to choose that little piece of mother earth for my home is turning out to be a bit more difficult than I expected.

Just as I never thought I was a maple cabinet gal, I am turning into dark countertop gal. Will wonders never cease? Uba Tuba seems to be our rock of choice, and it's even in the lower realm of the price range... Am I losing my edge? Our budget isn't being being blown to smithereens, at least not with the counter. However, there's always the backsplash...

Like other projects I've undertaken in my home, I find it immensely easier to help others than to wade through the choices for myself. "Decorator, design thy home!"

No comments: