Monday, March 20, 2006

Partner Benefits

One of the great things about my C2 involvement, is that I can take advantage of all my other partners' knowledge and experience. Because wallpaper has been a weak category, I have been keeping my eyes open for other products to promote in my stores. One of my Ontario partners has developed a very nice lighting business, and I now am looking at adding some lighting products to our mix because of his success. Some of my New England partners have done quite well with decorative hardware... Is that a category that would fit well with the Daly's model?

Actually, I think hardware could be pretty good, since we do so much with wood finishing and stains. Hardware might be a natural next step in the refinishing process...

Another New England partner sells tons of ready-made valances. I don't think that's the right fit for us, I don't think Seattle and Bellevue can support a huge valance program. At least not our stores, it's not a good fit for our personality.

But what if we had a selection of tasty lighting fixtures and hardware??? A Daly's "look"? Might have some legs...

1 comment:

tp_gal said...

hey sister... don't forget to link of your page to daly's.com. call me if you need assistance.